Vegetable Pasta with Capers
This savory dish is easy to prepare with pasta of your choice, sautéed vegetables, and capers!
- 8 oz. Edamame pasta Or pasta of your choice.
- 6 oz. Asparagus spears Cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 medium Sweet onion Slice or diced
- 6 oz. Mushrooms Sliced or diced
- 3 Tbsp. Capers
- 4 oz. Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Marinara sauce I love Rao's marinara sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Pre-minced; or three cloves, minced.
- Grated parmesan cheese If desired—vegan or regular.
Cut all veggies in preparation to sauté.
In a large fry pan, sauté veggies in olive oil and garlic. Start with onions and asparagus as they take longer to cook. Add mushrooms.
As the veggies sauté, prepare the pasta of your choice as directed on package. Do not start too soon. Be sure the veggies are nearly done.
Once veggies are sautéed, add capers, cherry tomatoes, and sauce to the pan. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Once sauce and veggies are combined, add the pasta to the pan and mix carefully.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
This easy pasta and vegetable dish was so delicious. It can be made in larger portions to feed more than four dinner guests. Use it as a main dish or as a side along with grilled fish or tofu. Depending on your modifications, this recipe is vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, and gluten-free!
Nutritional Values: 1 serving - 157 Calories; 8.1g Fat; 0 Cholesterol; 463.6mg Sodium; 14.2g Total Carbs; 3.4g Fiber - 3.3g Sugar; 7g Protein.