A refreshingly cool health salad is the perfect summer recipe. This salad has fresh, crisp, succulent vegetables. When blended together, they provide a flavorful and hydrating meal.
This recipe is easy to prepare and requires no dressing! You can add a light vinaigrette if you wish, but it’s really not necessary!
The veggies bring a nice blend of flavors and some essential vitamins—vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, and calcium.
To Healthy Eating!
Refreshing Health Salad
- 1 medium Cucumber Diced.
- 1 can Black Beans I use low sodium.
- 1 1/4 cups Corn Roasted or canned.
- 1/2 cup Purple Onion Diced.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped (I am not a fan of cilantro, so I left it out of my salad.)
- 1 Lime Or lemon, if desired.
- 1 - 2 avocados Diced.
- Salt and pepper To taste.
- pinch Chili Power Optional, to add a zip, as desired.
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning One of my favorites! This added flavor!
- Place the diced cucumber, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, chopped onions, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Squeeze fresh juice from the lime onto the salad.
- Mix well together.
- Add chopped, diced avocado. Season with salt, pepper and other suggested seasonings.
Melissa's Modifications: You can add other veggies to this salad, such as sweet peppers, artichokes, and/or hearts of palm (which we love) for an added boost. Many other veggies pair nicely with this salad. For our favorite light vinaigrette—use olive oil, lemon juice, and spices of your choice. A splash Balsamic or apple cider vinegar can also be added to taste. Nuritional Values: Calories 274; Fat 11g; Fiber 9g; Carbs 37g; Cholesterol 0; Sodium 24mg; Potassium 935mg; Sugar 6g; Protein 9g.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!