Seasonal vegetables are in full abundance this time of year and will continue through the summer. I wanted to share a delicious zucchini recipe that I just made for some guests.
Roasted Italian Zucchini
- 4 nice size Organic Zucchini Washed and sliced lengthwise, about 3 slices per squash.
- 1/2 -3/4 cup mozzarella cheese Shredded. If you do not eat dairy, use an alternative such as Daiya or Follow Your Healthy Heart
- 6 oz can Organic Tomato Paste Alternatively, you can use tomato sauce.
- 5-6 pieces Organic fire roasted red peppers 5-6 pieces sliced lengthwise. I buy and use Del-Destino brand of red peppers.
- garlic Chopped
- Basil Fresh or Crushed
- Oregano Crushed
- Himalyan Pink Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- extra-virgin olive oil Non-stick Spray
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a lipped cooking pan with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil non-stick spray.
- Wash and clean zucchini and slice lengthwise. With a knife, lightly score width-wise across the zucchini, as this enhances cooking and helps toppings absorb! Layer on pan.
- Spread tomato paste on the zucchini.
- Layer red peppers on top of tomato paste, add basil, oregano, garlic and any other seasoning you may wish to add. I love Everything But the Bagel seasoning. It works great on these!
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Cook on bake/roast setting on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Then move to the top rack on high broil for 5 min or so until the cheese is lightly browned. Watch carefully so they do not get too crispy!