I love Apple Crisp. The crunch of the crumbles are my favorite part with the soft apples. Making this in a sheet pan seems to increase the crunch! Add raisens or dark chocolate chips for added deliciousness!
Plan on adding this to your holiday menu, I know I am!
To Healthy Eating,
Sheet Pan Apple Crisp
This easy sheet plan Apple Crisp is crummy and delicious. Perfect for the upcoming holidays!
- 7 medium apples, sliced peeled (3 lbs) I used Gala and Fuji apples. There are other types which will work well...your choice!
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice Fresh
- 1.5 cups Brown Sugar, Light
- 1 cup Olive oil butter Melted
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- kosher Salt
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Raisens Optional
- Dark Chocolate chips Optional for garnish
- Vanilla ice cream for serving Non Dairy vanilla ice cream if you don't eat dairy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place your oven rack in the center of the oven for even baking.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the sliced apples on a 18x13 inch sheet pan and toss with the lemon juice, 1/4 c brown sugar, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp salt together.
- Spread the apples evenly on the pan after you have added ingredients. Cover with foil and bake in the oven until the apples have softened and release some of the liquid. ~20min.
- While apples are baking, combined the oats, flour, remaining 1.25 c brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp salt together in a large bowl.
- Use a fork to break down any of the lumps. Add the remaining melted butter to the oat mixture, stirring with the fork until moist and crumbly. This is when I add the raisins and chocolate chips to the mixture, as desired.
- Pull apples from the oven and carefully remove the tin foil. Scatter the oat cumble mixture evenly over the baked apples.
- Bake uncovered until the top is crispy and golden brown, juices are bubbly for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream of your choice.
Melissa's Modifications:Keeping the recipe as a pure Sheet Pan Apple Crisp is certainly delicious. But adding other complement ingredients such as raisen, dried cranberries, and/or chopped nuts can offer a more a more robust apple crisp. Nutritional Values: Per Serving basic recipe - 407 Calories; 25g Fat; 0 mg Cholesterol; 37g Carbs; 2g Fiber;23g Sugar; 2.5g Protein.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!