Willow, another of our four-legged friends loves cheese and carrots. The Cheesy Carrot Dog Cookies are a winner!
Only five ingredients and easy to make, your dogs will do any trick you want for a BowWowof5 dog treat!
Cheese and carrots are two ingredients loved by most dogs. If your dog likes these ingredients too, then give this cheese and carrot dog treats recipe a try!
Also, check out the two other dog treat recipes from this month: Nut Butter Veggie Power Biscuits and Healthy to the Bone Treats!
To Healthy Cooking and Eating,
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
I am very proud of my Published Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Caregiver Edition!
” Full of recipes, helpful hints, and the tools you need to promote safe and meaningful engagement for those challenged with an illness, your kitchen can be a place where fun and health flourish, no matter the challenges you face.”
A second more comprehensive cookbook – Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Full Edition, will be coming out in the fall of 2022 with many more tested healthy Power of 5 recipes, even a section for healthy Power of 5 Dog Treats! Melissa’s BowWowof5 dog treats!
- Like us on our Facebook page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein @powerof5life
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Cheesy Carrot Dog Cookies
- 4 cups Whole wheat flour I use organic.
- 6 oz Cheese, cubed or shredded Cheese of your choice.
- ½ cup Olive oil Or oil of your choice
- 1 ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Wheat germ
- ½ cup Shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine all ingredients together. If you are using shredded cheese, you can blend into the ingredients.
- If you are using cubes like I did, knead the dough until it is a good pliable consistency.
- Roll out on parchment paper, and you can use cookie cutters to design your biscuits.
- I used my hands to take about a 2" ball, flattened out, placed the cheese cube in the center than pinch the sides up around the cheese.
- Then, I added my shredded carrots on top of the cheese cube.