I was first introduced to a chia pudding recipe from Minimalist Baker by my daughter-in-law Rachel. Since then, we have been making this healthy pudding but with our own twist.
For years, we added these seeds to our yogurt and smoothies. These powerhouse seeds are rich in fiber, antioxidants, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium.
Additionally, chia seeds are an excellent source of essential fatty acids. Their therapeutic properties help inflammation, cardiovascular, immune, and digestive conditions.
Customize your chia pudding! Add chocolate powder, peanut butter powder, or your favorite fruits.
This recipe is a great way to start the day or perfect for an afternoon snack!
To Healthy Cooking and Eating,
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
I am very proud of my Published Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Caregiver Edition!
” Full of recipes, helpful hints, and the tools you need to promote safe and meaningful engagement for those challenged with an illness, your kitchen can be a place where fun and health flourish, no matter the challenges you face.”
A second more comprehensive cookbook, Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Full Edition, will be coming out in the fall of 2022 with many more tested, healthy Power of 5 recipes, even a section for healthy Power of 5 Dog Treats! Melissa’s BowWowof5 dog treats!
- Like us on our Facebook page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein @powerof5life
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Healthy Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 ½ cups Almond or cashew milk Almond or Cashew is the right consistency for us. Full fat coconut milk makes a creamier and thicker pudding,
- ½ cup Chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple syrup more or less to taste or omit
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon more to taste...I'm a big cinnamon fan (optional)
- Fresh berries optional
- Bananas optional
- To a mixing bowl, add dairy free milk, chia seeds, maple syrup (to taste), and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy. If not, add more chia seeds, stir, and refrigerate for another hour or so.
- Enjoy as is, or layer with banana or fresh berries! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
93mg Potassium; Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron. *Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with light coconut milk, maple syrup, and without additional toppings / garnishes.