A healthy and delicious breakfast packed with 46.4g of protein, low in carbohydrates and very flavorful. Inspired by Training4Fitness, adapted in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen. Other alternatives to make your pancakes non-dairy, you can find under my Cooks Notes section…. Enjoy!
- 1/2 c protein powder I replace with peanut butter protein powder for added flavor
- 1/2 c Almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 10 drops stevia (liquid) or half banana (I prefer the banana)
- 4 lge Eggs see cooks notes below for non egg option
- 1 c cottage cheese low fat variety or home made dairy free ( see below)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine the protein powder, almond flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- In a food processor combine the stevia, eggs, cottage cheese and milk. Add the dry ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat. Grease with the coconut oil, cook the batter by ¼ C scoops until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with olive oil or grass-fed butter. Enjoy!
- 1 300g block soft or silken tofu (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 of a 420g block firm tofu (210g or about 1 1/2 cups) crumbled