This is a delicious easy to make Spanish recipe. Light and very nutritious! One of the most popular and classic tapas.
Spinach Catalan with Shrimp (or Tofu)
This dish is traditionally made with Shrimp, however the Shrimp can be replaced with Shallops or tofu (those who do not eat seafood). Garlic olive oil sauté with spinach, apples and pine nuts.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp minced garlic Old World Spice
- 1 large bag Spinach Pre Washed Organic if preferred
- 1 large Apple Any variety preferred
- 1/2 cup roasted Pine Nuts Toast pine nuts in toaster oven (spray olive oil on tin foil)
- 1 lb (26-30 count) Shrimp Shrimp Shelled, deveined. If frozen, be sure to defrost.
- 1 cup Quinoa or Black Rice limit portion size to 1/4th cup/serving
- Saute shrimp ( or Tofu) with garlic, oil, and lemon juice. Add sea salt/pepper. Add additional oil, spinach, apples and pine nuts. Saute until done.
- May be served with toasted bread, ¼ C cooked quinoa, black, brown rice, or black beans.
Cooks Notes: To make this recipe vegetarian or vegan, you can substitute the shrimp with Tofu cut up in 1" squares (or other plant-based meats), or leave out completely. Additionally, if you do not eat oil or salt; you can saute in water and use Nutritional Yeast for added flavors.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!