This is a delicious easy to make Spanish recipe. Light and very nutritious! One of the most popular and classic tapas.
Spinach Catalan with Shrimp (or Tofu)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp minced garlic Old World Spice
- 1 large bag Spinach Pre Washed Organic if preferred
- 1 large Apple Any variety preferred
- 1/2 cup roasted Pine Nuts Toast pine nuts in toaster oven (spray olive oil on tin foil)
- 1 lb (26-30 count) Shrimp Shrimp Shelled, deveined. If frozen, be sure to defrost.
- 1 cup Quinoa or Black Rice limit portion size to 1/4th cup/serving
- Saute shrimp ( or Tofu) with garlic, oil, and lemon juice. Add sea salt/pepper. Add additional oil, spinach, apples and pine nuts. Saute until done.
- May be served with toasted bread, ¼ C cooked quinoa, black, brown rice, or black beans.