Posted on my @Powerof5TestKitchen Instagram account recently, I got several requests for this recipe. In all honesty, I just was throwing different ingredients that I had in my fridge together in a big soup pot that I thought might be delicious together. Soup turned out to be better than expected! Simmered into a delicious low-calorie soup…Don’t cha love when that happens??
Melissa's Curried Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium Sweet Potato Chopped into med size pieces
- 1 small Organic cabbage I belong to a CSA farm & the Cabbage was small, delicate with longer leaves that regular cabbage, Caraflex F1 is type.
- 10 oz Organic Carrots Diced or used already shredded carrots
- 1 cup onions Chopped
- 15oz can Green Lentils 1.5 cups. You can use two cans that will add thickness to soup
- 15oz can Chopped Tomatoes Seasoned with basil & garlic -low sodium
- 2 cups Leafy Green Kale chopped, throw in later in the cooking process so doesn't over cook.
- 9 cups Organic Vegetable Broth I use a low sodium organic brand
- 2-3 tbsps Curry powder Add more or less to taste
- 3-4 cloves garlic Minced, to taste
- Salt & Pepper To taste