Mother’s Day has always been a special day for me. When my children were young, they and their dad always made me a nice brunch, and we planned to go to a museum or activity of my choice on Mother’s Day! This is the first year I will not physically be with my children and their families. I’m sure this is similar for you as well. I look forward to connecting virtually with them via FaceTime or Zoom and sharing meaningful conversations over drinks and food. We make it work.
I’ve provided some delicious options for preparing a beautiful brunch, posted on my food blog. These are my choices to help you put together a lovely menu for your grandmother, mother, wife, sister, or friends if you are able to share or drop off food.
Here are my top choices for a healthy delicious brunch!
Delicious Spinach & Feta Quiche or quiche of your choice
What’s missing from this list? A delicious mimosa cocktail, of course! Here is a flavorful recipe for making perfect mimosas for your Mother’s Day. Not a fan of mimosas? Make a Bloody Mary instead. It’s equally delicious and a favorite for brunch!
Mother's Day Mimosas or Bloody Mary ... Your Choice!
- 2-4 cups Orange Juice 50% fresh, cold OJ; Alternatives are cranberry juice (to create a poinsettia cocktail), grapefruit juice (for a megmosa), or other juices!
- 1 bottle Champagne 50% Prosecco, chilled
- Splash Grenadine Optional
- Fresh Citrus Fruit Strawberries, cherries, sprig of mint, and/or orange slices. Add as you wish.
- 1 32oz Tomato Juice Or Bloody Mary mix to make it easy
- 8 oz. Vodka
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce If Vegan, use Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium Cucumber and/or Lime Slice, peel and seed the cucumber. Slice the lime.
- Green Olives
- 1 tsp. Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Mimosas—using cold OJ and champagne, start with 50/50 of each and adjust to taste. Enjoy in champagne flutes!
- Bloody Mary—mix all ingredients together, adjust to taste, and enjoy!
I wish you all a peaceful and meaningful Mother’s Day. I know it will be celebrated differently this year, but hopefully your creativity will lend itself to a lovely time in whatever way you choose to celebrate the moms in your life!
Please continue to use best practices to stay well.
Happy Mother’s Day & Healthy Eating,