We all know the benefits of quinoa, but if you need a refresher review my food blog: Quinoa: South American Superfood!
This quinoa harvest salad with grilled portobello mushrooms is a great summer meal. It can be used as a light meal, as a salad starter, or you can even build a bigger meal with it by adding grilled poultry or a meat of your choice.
Checkout other options posted under Melissa’s Modifications below!
To Healthy Eating!
Quinoa Harvest Salad in a Roasted Portobello Mushroom
- 1 cups quinoa Cooked, any variety you wish
- 1/2 cup Cranberries Dried
- 1/2 cup Walnuts Chopped
- 2 small Apples Gala
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves Fresh, or you can replace with your favorite herbs
- Juice lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil Increase or decrease depending on your taste. You could use other oils as well: salad, sunflower, avocado, coconut, etc.
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms Cleaned & remove stem
- 1 Tbsp olive oil Or you can use a little veggie broth or liquid aminos to sautè
- garlic powder To taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Pepper To taste
- Cook 1 cup of dry quinoa per package instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Gently combine cranberries, walnuts, sliced apples, arugula and herbs with quinoa.
- Add the dressing mixture. Lightly blend together.
- Heat pan over medium heat with oil or veggie broth or Bragg Liquid Aminos. Place mushroom top into pan, cap down.
- Drizzle a small amount of of balsamic vinegar on the gills.
- Keep flipping mushroom to both sides as you grill so both sides cook evenly, 5-8 minutes.
- Place quinoa mixture over the grilled portobello mushrooms and dig in!