It’s August! Can you believe it? This month we are going to focus on some recipes from my Breakfast Bests collection! From a delicious oatmeal fruit bake with bananas and strawberries to a “Just Eggs” veggie omelet and my yummy peanut butter pancakes with blueberries—you’re going to love them all. Breakfast is usually more around brunch time at our house, and these recipes are good at any time. They are comfort foods for sure!
This oatmeal fruit bake is vegetarian, but can easily be made vegan. It is filled with antioxidants too.
The whole grain goodness of the oatmeal makes it great even for a snack and/or dessert! Add chocolate chips if you wish.
Oatmeal Fruit Bake
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup Alternative: use 6-8 drops of stevia extract.
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 1 large egg Or 3 Tbsp of "Just Eggs" or 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut oil Expeller-pressed & refined. (there is no coconut taste)
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe Bananas Mash one banana to add to the oatmeal mixture and slice one for the top.
- 1-2 cups Fresh strawberries Sliced, save 1/4 cup for the top of the fruit bake.
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate chips Optional, add 1/2 into the mixture and sprinkle half on top.
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line square baking dish with parchment paper or spray glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in almond milk, maple syrup, egg (or egg substitute), coconut oil, vanilla, and mashed banana. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of strawberries and blueberries as well as 1/2 of the bananas.
- Bake in oven for about 55 minutes, until it bubbles and looks like the middle has set. Should be golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven, and let it sit for a bit to cool down and set some more.