During October, I’m featuring sheet pan dinners! If you haven’t tried sheet pan meals before, now’s a great opportunity. Sheet pan dinners are convenient. There is so much less mess in the kitchen to clean up since there’s just one pan, and these meals are fun to make and serve. Hope you enjoy!
To Healthy Eating!
Sheet Pan Fajitas!
- 1 Package Gardein Chikn Strips OR 1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch strips.
- 1 Green Bell or Red Pepper Sliced lengthwise.
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Sliced.
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms Sliced—optional.
- 2 Cloves garlic Minced.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro Or parsley.
- 8 Taco Sized Tortillas Flour or corn.
- 1 cup Sour cream Vegan or regular.
- 1 cup Guacamole Homemade or freshly-prepared store-bought.
- 2 whole Tomatoes Diced.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and ground pepper To taste.
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Optional.
- Prep a 17" x 12" sheet pan with parchment paper (my favorite), aluminum foil or just regular spray oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the seasoning: in a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice peppers, onions and mushrooms. Place on the sheet pan.
- If you are using fresh chicken (or if you are using plant-based Chik'n), place in a bowl. Add garlic, half of your oil, and half of the seasoning mixture, then stir together to coat the chicken.
- Layer the seasoned and coated chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer. If you are using pre-cooked Chick'n strips or plant-based coated chicken, wait to add to the sheet pan until the last fifteen minutes of baking as it is precooked.
- After oven has preheated, roast the veggies and chicken, tossing halfway through. Bake until vegetables are fully cooked, about 20-25 minutes. If you used raw chicken, be sure it reaches 165 degrees in the center.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping them tightly in aluminum foil and placing them in the warm oven for a few minutes.