Mock Chicken Liver Pate … our family favorite worth remembering!
Such a delicious appetizer/starter with lots of options for ingredients. Our family recipe traditionally uses canned sweet peas, chopped walnuts and grilled onions.
Many of my friends have different ideas on its preparation; Mushrooms, Onions and Walnuts or even Green beans, Onions and Walnuts. I have made them all…second favorite is using Mushrooms.
To Healthy Eating,
Mock Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 large can Sweet peas, cooked
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil Used to saute onions. If Vegan, saute with a little vegetable broth
- 2 medium Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup Walnuts Chopped
- 3 Eggs Use 1 egg yoke and whites from the eggs. If Vegan, omit.
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Saute onions in the oil (or vegetable broth) until browned
- In food processor, chop peas, walnuts and eggs *Do not puree - leave mixture somewhat grainy.
- Add onions with a bit of the oil
- Blend a few seconds until the mixture is well blended but you can still see a few flecks of egg white (no worries about this if you omitted the eggs) and brown onions.