I am going to mix-up traditional holiday fare by sharing some of my favorite recipes that I love to cook over the holidays. Hopefully you will experiment trying something new this holiday season.
The recipes posted this month will bring loads of variety, flavors with a multicultural flare!
This first dish, Peanut Satay Noodle Bowl is easy to prepare and very delicious. This dish will have everyone think you slaved over your stove all day!
Check below under the ingredients – Melissa’s Modifications to make it vegan, peanut-free (for those allergic), ideas for adding protein and making it Skinny.
To Healthy Eating!
Peanut Satay Noodle Bowl
- 1 8oz pkge Noodles Udon or Pad Thai Rice Noodles also work well.
- 1 medium Onion Chopped into med size pieces
- 4 heads Baby Bok Choy Chopped
- 1 medium Bell Pepper Red or Green, thinly sliced
- 1 cups Chickpeas
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 3 stalks Green onions Chopped
- 1 cups mushrooms Chopped
- 3 stalks Celery Chopped
- garlic Minced, to taste
Nut butter sauce
- 6 tbsps Creamy Peanut Butter Organic, no sugar added; Almond butter as replacement
- 2 tbsps red curry paste or Spicy/chili sauce Or spicy chili sauce/Sriracha
- 4 tbsps Braggs Liquid Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsps 100% maple syrup
- Cook noodles as instructed. If you use Pad Thai noodles - just soak in a bowl of hot water until soften.
- Heat some oil in a large pan or wok at high heat.
- Chop/slice vegetables and throw into hot pan.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl, wisk to blend well. Add more heat- garlic chili if you wish to add more punch!
- Once noodles are ready, drain and add into the fry pan.
- Add sauce to the pan and mix everything together. Add a splash of veggie broth if needed.
- Top with green onions and serve!