Who doesn’t like pizza? Fresh dough (or fresh pre-made dough) loaded with veggies, sauce and cheese …Yummy!
I provided the pizza dough recipe if you want to make your dough from scratch. Give yourself extra time in preparation if you are making the dough.
Whether you make your dough or use pre-made dough, you will enjoy a freshly-made pizza knowing you prepared all the ingredients.
To Healthy Eating!
- 1 Pizza Dough Save time and purchase at grocery store, or make from scratch! (See below for directions.)
- 1 cup Organic Tomato Sauce I use organic marinara sauce.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mushrooms Sliced.
- 1/2 medium Onion Thinly sliced.
- 2 Italian sausages Or meatballs—plant-based or regular.
- 1 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese Plant-based or regular.
- 2 Tbsps Pizza seasoning To taste—basil, oregano, garlic, red peppers for heat!
- 1/2 cup Artichokes hearts Sliced.
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers Thinly-sliced.
- After dough is made and rolled out large enough to cover a pizza stone (or pan), poke the dough with a fork to avoid air bubbles. Make a nice, pinched edge around the dough for the crust to retain all your toppings.
- I pre-grill my veggies before placing them on top as this balances the flavors and reduces cooking time. It is not necessary to do this, but you will want to be sure all veggies are thinly sliced so they are cooked well. **Note: Vegetable ingredient portions/measurements may vary based on your preference.
- Spread tomato sauce over the dough.
- Layer veggies and the meat of your choice over the sauce.
- Layer cheese! I put cheese only on half of the pizza based on taste preference!
- Bake at 425 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, until veggies are cooked, cheese is melted, and crust is at desired crispiness.
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Recently, I have been buying already-made fresh dough in the deli department of our local grocery store.
- FOR FRESH, HOMEMADE DOUGH Ingredients: 1 cup warm water, 105-110 degrees; 1 Tbsp sugar; 1 Tbsp dry active yeast; 1 Tbsp olive oil; 2-2.5 cups of all purpose flour; 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Put warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
- Let mixture sit for five minutes or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
- Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
- Add two cups of the flour and the salt, then mix with spatula until a ball begins to form. Dough will be slightly sticky. Add more flour as needed to form a dough ball.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to 1/2 cup of extra flour as needed.
- Roll dough into your desired shape and transfer to your pizza stone (or pan).
- Be sure there are no air pockets. Use a fork to prick holes in the dough.
- Bake in your preheated oven on the lower rack for five minutes, and then remove from the oven. Begin to add your toppings as above.