Vegetable mu shu is light. Wrapping them in rice flour tortillas makes a delicious and fun-to-eat meal! You can add other proteins such as chicken, tofu or shrimp (or other meats of your choice).
I add sautéed tofu to my mu shu. It is a very easy dish!
To Healthy Eating,
Vegetable Mu Shu
I love vegetable mu shu—the rice pancakes and the sauce, plus tofu wrapped up so neatly ... delicious!
- 8 small Tortillas Low-carb or rice wrappers.
- 1 small head Cabbage Or pre-shredded bagged coleslaw to save time!
- 1-2 whole Carrot Or shredded carrots.
- 5 Green onions
- 8 Shitake Mushrooms Stems removed, tops sliced.
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic Minced; or more to taste.
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar Red wine or rice wine vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp Bragg's Liquid Amino's or Low Sodium Soy Sauce Or low-sodium soy sauce.
- 2 Tbsps Hoisin Sauce More if needed for wrapping.
- 2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds For garnish.
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu Drained and pressed to reduce the liquid.
- 2 Tbsps Cooking oil Your choice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the pressed, extra-firm tofu. Rub each slice with hoisin sauce and Braggs Liquid Aminos. Lay each piece on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can stir fry the tofu on the stove top with garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry all prepared veggies in a wok or large skillet on high temperature.
- Dice the baked or stir-fried tofu, then add it to the sautéed vegetables.
- Serve sautéed veggies and tofu over warm tortillas, adding extra hoisin or garlic chili sauce if you want to add some heat.
- Wrap and eat!
Melissa's Modifications:This is a very easy dish to make with many possible modifications for the proteins. Choose your favorite: tofu, shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, or more. Follow the basic recipe, then prepare whichever protein you choose as needed. Nutritional values**: ** Will vary slightly based on added proteins. Generally with three small low carb tortillas or Chinese pancakes and tofu: 375 Calories; 32g Carbs; 10g Fat; 17g Protein.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!