Pasta and Red sauce a weekly staple in our home. My husband is used to me mixing-up the sauce to explore adding veggie that enhance the dish with added protein, vitamins and antioxidants.
This evening…since it’s “Kale”ness Month… I sauteed onions, mushroom, kale along with the Plant-Base meat (Impossible Burger) with the red sauce and it was delicious! Hard to taste the Kale but it added all the vitamins, minerals and ontioxidants to the dish. For added protein and flavors I tried a interesting pasta by Explorer Cuisine (found at Costco)…Black Bean & Sesame Fettuccini!
Always to Healthy Eating,
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Pasta and Red Sauce
- 1 8 oz pkg Pasta Of your choice
- 1 24 oz Jar Organic Tomato Sauce Marinara, or homemade if you have time.
- 1 pkg Ground Plant-based beef Imposssible, Beyond Beef Brands or Regular ground beef- OR Omit altogether
- 1 medium Sweet Onion
- 8 oz Chopped Mushrooms White, Baby Bells, Creminis....your option.
- 1 cup Chopped Curley Kale Or other varieties if you wish
- Fresh Garlic Minced or powder
- Onion powder To taste
- Oregano To taste
- Fresh basil chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese Optional (Reg or Plant-based Cheese)
- Heat up a large pan/skillet on the burner to prep to saute. Separately, begin to boil water for the pasta.
- Chop/dice onion, mushrooms and kale.
- Starting with the onions, if they begin to stick add some Vegetable broth. nce they are translucent, add mushrooms and kale. Saute for a few minutes until well blended...
- Add ground meat of your choice mixing to break up pieces and blending with the sauteed vegetables.
- Once all blended and meat is no longer pink, add the tomato sauce. Simmer for few minutes until the pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta, rinsing with cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Layer Pasta then Red Sauce Mixture...sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese if you wish or garnish with a little more chopped Kale.
- Serve with a Mixed Green Salad, a piece of whole grain bread (preferably @DavesKillerBread) and a nice glass of Red Wine!