Fresh sautéed garlic kale is an easy recipe to whip up with minimal ingredients. I’ve been singing the praises of kale this month and talking about how it provides a variety of ways to incorporate in your eating lifestyle. Use this dish as a side to your meal, the base of a protein buddha bowl of sorts, or add veggies to make it a standalone meal.
Next week I will include this powerhouse of nutrition in smoothies! Be sure to tune in.
Do you have a favorite kale recipe? Post one on our Facebook page with a list of the ingredients. I would love to hear why you love the recipe!
Always to Healthy Eating!
P.S. Remember to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen for all the latest happenings!
You can also keep up by …
- Liking us on Facebook
- Following us on Instagram: @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tagging two of your friends on our social media post to share the love!
Fresh Sautéed Kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil Use veggie broth if you don't use oil in your diet.
- 1 Bunch Kale Use any variety of kale, your choice.
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4 oz mushrooms Chopped, optional.
- Organic Vegetable Broth Use broth to replace the oil if you would like and also to sauté kale.
- 1 medium Sweet Onion Chopped or diced.
- Prepare onion, garlic and kale.
- Pour olive oil (or broth) into a large skillet. Heat to medium temperature, then add garlic and diced onions until they are lightly sautéed. Add broth to release the flavor and prevent sticking.
- Turn up the heat, then add chopped kale. Sauté over high heat with more broth. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until all liquid is evaporated.
- If you decide to add mushrooms, incorporate these before the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- After 5 minutes, serve. Try not to overcook as you will loose the vibrant colors and some of the nutritional value.