I am one that likes to add Kale and/or Spinach to a smoothie for added green nutrition, making it Super Green.
As I think about the word Green, it brings to mind what the color Green represents. In readings, it desclife, nature energy and renewal.
The color green, as applied to the food we eat, providing that deep rich abundantly nutrition to a diet.
Kale, Spinach or other deep green vegetables eaten in any form adds so many beneficial vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to enhance ones overall health.
Kale, Spinach or other dark green vegetables to your diet.
For more ideas to make delicious healthy smoothies check out a previous food blog /recipes options entitled Blend up some Healthy Smoothies for the New Year.
To Healthy Eating!
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Superfood Kale Smoothie
- Basic Blender
- NutriBullet Blender
- Vitamix Blender
- 1 Handful Kale Or Spinach
- 1 Tsp Ginger 1/4 inch piece of peeled ginger
- 1 Cup Pineapple Cut; fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Coconut water Any flavor, I use pineapple flavor
- 1 tsp Spirulina powder Optional, I put extra in mine, noted by the dark green color!
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass powder Optional
- Slivered nuts Optional
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder Optional for added Protein
- Add all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- If it is too thick, you can always add more water or ice.
- For an added boost of fiber add Flax or Hemp seeds.
- Once prepared, top with Gogi Berries, flakes of Coconut or slivered Almonds(or Cashews), pomegranate seeds, or even Berries of your choice.