Continuing our focus on healthy heart foods this March…Salmon, sweet potatoes and asparagus – a trifecta of superfoods, filled with nutrition, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and more!
When chosing a fish, Salmon (Alaskan or Wild Sockeye) is one of the healthiest fish that is high in protein, healthy fats & loaded with Omega – 3 fatty acids. Research tells us Omega – 3 fatty acid is nourishment for the brain and heart health, decreases inflamation as well as reducing the risk of heart disease.
However, there are many other healthy fish that offering great nutrition that you can eat; Cod, Mackeral, Mahi-Mahi, Rainbow Trout or Perch, just to name a few.
Sweet Potatoes, a root vegetable, are nutritional superstars in my book! Rich in fiber, Vitamin C, B6 and A as well as antioxidants, potassium and magneisum. Also important for Brain Health, the Nervous System, and great for Heart Health!
Asparagus is low in calories and chocked full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Start off the month of March with a perfect nutritiously delicous meal for heart and brain health.
To Healthy Eating!
Salmon, Sweet potato, Asparagus Dish
- sheet pan
- Frying pan
- Parchment Paper
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes Organic or regular, your choice.
- 1 lb Asparagus Green best to use
- Olive oil Spray
- 4 Pieces Alaskan Salmon 4-6oz per serving; or another healthy fish of your choice.
- 1-2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos Bragg has a salty flavor so additional salt is not needed. Low sodium soy sause can also be used.
- Seasoning - Garlic powder, onion power Other seasonings of your choice, to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice Fresh from one lemon or fresh bottled lemon juice
Dill Sour Cream
- 8 oz Sour Cream Non-dairy sour cream works great as well.
- Fresh chopped dill
Pan Roasting your Veggies
- Wash all veggies
- Slice Sweet potatoes - 1/2 inch thick
- Trim Asparagus
- Place all veggies on a oil sprayed parchment paper cover sheet pan
- Spray olive oil over the vegetables and season
- Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, turning after 15 min.
Pan Cook the Fish!
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry
- Place fish face up (skin side down) in a shallow baking dish and cover with lemon juice, Bragg Aminos & seasoning let sit for 15 min.
- Heat pan on stove top with a little oil - Begin to cook Fish on med heat for 3-4 min. per side..for medium rare fish...Cook a little longer for more well-done, but do not over cook ..it will reduce its moisture.
Dill Sour Cream
- Mix the fresh dill in the sour cream
- Let sit for 15-20 min. to allow the dill flavor to marry with the sour cream
Assembling the dish together
- Once vegetables are roasted, fish is prepared to your doneness ....Begin to plate your dish.
- Layer the sweet potatoes on the plate first
- Layer the asparagus crisscross over the sweet potatoes
- Place the fish on the asparagus
- Add a dollop of the dill sour cream on top of the fish