Dr. B’s Brain Power Trail Mix is a super healthy snack but can be unhealthy if it is not made with the correct ingredients AND you do not over indulge. Dr B’s trail mix is rich in calories and healthy fat.
If you are hiking for hours on end, you will need a super energy snack to sustain your endurance.
The choice of ingredients is important as not all combinations of ingredients are the same.
We always use raw unsalted nuts and seeds in Dr. B’s trail mix. This way we are guarenteed the purest nutrition with no processed ingredients, as processed foods are usually higher in calories and offer depleted nutritional value.
The ingredients in Dr. B’s Brain Power Trail Mix are high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and probiotic, therefore, provides a nutritious basis for healthy pick-me-up.
To your Brain & Heart Health,
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Dr B's Brain Power Trail Mix
- 1 cup Cashews Raw and unsalted
- 1 cup Almonda Raw and unsalted
- 1 cup Walnuts Raw
- 1/2 cup Pistachios unsalted and shelled
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds Raw
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds Raw
- 1/2 cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Raisens
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips We like Ghiardelli 60%, but other dark chocolate chips will do.
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayene pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cashews, almmonds, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin & sunflower seeds in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, turmeric, kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Sprinkle over the nut and toss to combined.
- Drizzle the coconut oil and maple syrup ove the nut mixture. Blend until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, until nuts are golden brown - about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- If it lasts this long (ours was gone in 2!), it can last up to 3 days in room temperature.