Baking eggs in a half of Avocado is an easy and delicious way to have a healthy breakfast and a beautiful presentation!
One of my favorite meals. I love when the egg white cooks off the side of the Avocado adding a different texture to the dish…so yummy!
Egg and Avocado combination are loaded with healthy fats, low in carbs, high in protein and vitamins.
Eggs baked in half avocado is great meal to start the day!
To Healthy Cooking and Eating,
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me in the Power of 5 Test Kitchen and join in the happenings!
I am very proud of my Published Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Caregiver Edition!
” Full of recipes, helpful hints, and the tools you need to promote safe and meaningful engagement for those with those challenged with an illness.Your kitchen can be a place where fun and health flourish, no matter the challenges you face.”
My next cookbook – Power of 5 Test Kitchen Cookbook ~ Full Edition, will be coming out the in fall of 2022 with many more tested healthy Power of 5 recipes, even a section for healthy Power of 5 Dog Treats! Stay tuned!
- Like us on our Face Book page
- Follow us on @powerof5testkitchen, @drdavidbernstein
- Tag two of your friends to share this post!
Eggs Baked in Half Avocado
- 2 avocados halved and seeded
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives Optional
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper To taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a Lightly oil a baking sheet, coat with nonstick spray. Or use with parchment paper or Latex cookie sheet pads - they are fantastic if you haven't tried,
- Using a spoon, scoop out about two tablespoons of avocado flesh, creating a small well in the center of each avocado.
- Gently crack 1 egg, and slide it into the well, keeping the yolk intact. If the whites spill over...that is ok...as you will see from my photos!
- Repeat with remaining eggs; season with Everything But the Bagel or salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.