This delicious chopped salad has a Mexican flair including roasted corn, black beans, scallions, and avocados – all blended with a flavorful green goddess dressing! It is a great summer salad, especially if you have a big crowd. We did when I made this, so I made the recipe x4. It is very easy to do! I am not a cilantro fan, so I chopped it and left on the side for cilantro lovers to add in.
Mexican Chopped Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 fresh ears Corn Roasted on the grill or steamed, cut off the cob
- 2 hearts Romaine Finely shredded, about 5 cups
- 1/2 14 oz can Black beans Drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes Halved
- 4 Scallions White and green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe Avocado Diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Roughly chopped
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/4 cups Sheep's or goat milk yogurt Or Vegenaise to make it vegan
- 1/4 cups Cilantro
- 2 Scallions White and green parts only, chopped
- 1/2 Green jalapeños Roughly chopped (or use more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup Lime juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Raw honey
- Combine all ingredients in a powerful blender and pulse until completely smooth.
- Steam or grill the corn until cooked. When cool enough to handle, slice kernels off the cob.
- Place the shredded lettuce in a large bowl and add all other prepared ingredients. Toss with 1/2 of the dressing or to taste.