Grilling vegetables? Yes … but fruit? Yes! You’ll be surprised how delicious grilled fruits tastes! Grilling caramelizes the sugars and brings out the sweet flavors.
You can choose to grill any fruit … pineapples, peaches, apples, mangos, bananas, etc. Try making fruit kabobs with your favorite fruits like strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapples, apples or bananas.
The combinations of fruits you can use are endless! Make your grilled fruit or a fruit kabobs and experience the deliciousness for yourself. It’s healthy, fresh and sweet for desserts, side dishes or appetizers!
Grilled Fruit – easy to prepare & delicious!
- 1 whole Pineapple Cut off the top and heel then Trim off the sides; leave the core in if you wish or remove it
- 4 Peaches Sliced in half and pitted
- 2 Bananas More ripe is best ... slice lengthwise and leave skin on while grilling
- Take any fruit you wish to grill and prepare for grilling. Clean, cut and pit.
- If your grill has two heating stations, then start with grilling on the hot side so you get the nice grill look. As it cooks move to the lower heat section for thorough cooking.
- Pineapple – grill until it has nice grill marks and the surface is slightly caramelized. Flip and grill the other side, then move to the lower heat until they are slightly tender but not too soft.
- Peaches – place half of the peaches cut side down on the grill. Cook until they have good grill marks or are slightly caramelized. Move them to the lower heat side of the grill to finish up or until they become more tender, but not too soft. If using for dessert, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on the cut grilled side.
- Bananas – Grill the bananas cut-side down, skin-side up. Once there is a slight grill mark, move carefully to the cooler grill side so they can heat through, not getting burnt or get too soft. Once tender, move from the grill and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.