Recipe 2 in the August Month of Breakfast/Brunch ideas . . .
Just Eggs, a plant-based egg substitute allowed me to once again enjoyed “egg” omlette’s! @justeggs is a blend of Mung Bean protein, onion flakes and turmeric and other natural ingredients. A serving (3 tablespoons) is only 70 calories, and is low in fats and carbohydrates and has 5g of protein per serving.
I have used Just Eggs for not only omlettes, but as egg subsitute in baking and other recipes that require eggs. The transition is seamless!
If your allergic to eggs or Vegan, try Just Eggs as a subsitute.
To Healthy Eating!
"Just Eggs" Veggie Omelet
- 12 tbsp Just Eggs Two eggs each serving
- 1 small Onion Diced
- 1 cups mushrooms Chopped
- 1 whole Avocado slices CA or Florida Avocado's - if you haven't tried one of these, they are large, less dense and less calories.
- Cheese Optional- Cheese of your choice.
- 1 - 2 tbsp Organic Vegetable Broth As needed so onions/mushrooms do not stick to pan
- On the stove top, in a large saucepan, med heat, saute onions until brown adding a little veggie broth so it does not stick to the pan.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute until done.
- Lower the heat and add the Just Eggs over the onion/mushroom saute.
- Let sit for 3-5 min. Moving the pan side to side to move liquid to sides. Use spatula to lift up sides to assit in cooking.
- When Just Egg is nearly cooked, with spatula, carefully release one side, then the other to be able to fold over.
- If you want cheese, you can sprinkle inside before you fold over or on top once folded.
- Place slice Avocados on the top.